Sunday, January 9, 2011

Suitcase Cat Bed

I finally completed my suitcase cat bed today. I acquired the suitcase from my mother and picked up the rest of the supplies today at Fleet Farm.

Neiko is checking out the new luggage. 
It is a fairly simple process. You take your suitcase and remove the top half. Then you screw in some premade legs. And then you fill your suitcase with padding and fluffy material. I used a fleece blanket and some fuzzy carpet. Quite easy. I was actually hoping for a more involved project - no sewing involved for this!

So far, the kitties will sleep in the new bed for a bit, but the old pillow still trumps the wobbly suitcase. I'm not surprised. But I do hope that they venture to sleep in it more!

1 comment:

  1. lol. I will keep this in mind for when I become homeless and have to sleep in the only thing I'll own....a suitcase.

    ReplyDelete