Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homemade Potato Soup

I love cream of potato soup. It is right up there with my mom's venison stew. And so, I made cream of potato soup tonight. Well, it was mostly homemade. I used canned soup...so does that still count as being homemade? Anyway, it was good, not stellar, but edible. I didn't have bacon on hand...so I'm thinking that was the main missing ingredient. Here's the recipe I used. I got it from cooks.com.


CREAM OF POTATO SOUP
8 slices bacon
1 med. onion, chopped
12 med. potatoes, peeled & diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans milk
Parsley flakes

In large soup pan, fry bacon. When crisp, remove bacon but leave drippings in pan. Add onions and saute until tender. Then add diced potatoes with just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add cream of chicken soup, milk, crumbled bacon bits and parsley flakes. Heat until it begins to bubble. Enjoy!

I'm going to attempt another batch soon. So...I'm looking for recommendations. Any tried and true recipes for potato soup? If so, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment