Monday, January 3, 2011

Movie Review

I watched a movie today and I'd like to share my thoughts. The movie was Bridge to Terabithia. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being awesome, I give this movie a 2. It was a disappointment. I borrowed the movie from a friend at work. The cover and the title caught my eye. As you can see in the picture, the movie case displays flying creatures, a giant, a beautiful castle, and other fantastical scenes. This is what I was expecting to see. Unfortunately, the movie contained very little fantasy. The story is about an unpopular boy at school who meets an eccentric new girl in his class who happens to be his neighbor. To escape the stress of being bullied at school, together they image a new world: Terabithia. However, we only see glimpses of this world. I wanted to be immersed in this world. SPOILER ALRET: And to top it all off, the girl dies. Barely any fantasy in the movie and it ends up being horribly depressing. 
Now, of course, if you weren't expecting a fantasy laden story, you may enjoy this movie. There were some good parts. I can't completely shut it down!

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree, the movie is seriously depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I wrote didn't seem clever enough...didn't realize it wouldn't actually delete the post. D:
    -fail-

    I had never intended to see this movie and now more than ever I will avoid it like the plague...did you ever read the book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read the book and I don't think I will. Well, maybe if I'm bored and I have it around.

    ReplyDelete