Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Balcony Clothesline


I'm an apartment dweller and was recently aware of a huge con of this. No clothesline! And no where to put one. I'm stuck using the dryer (bad for the environment and my checking account) or hanging my wet duds from chairs. While I have done both methods, I was determined to have a clothesline. And when you put your mind to something, you can accomplish anything, right? Or perhaps when you have a father who is a genius at building things.

I do have a private balcony that would be perfect for drying clothes - if only I could construct something to hang them on. Originally, I visualized a balcony clothesline contrived out of PVC, but was steered towards reusing old lumber provided by my dear old dad.

I (with a lot help of my dad) constructed it in just one day. It works by clamping the railing of my balcony. No holes or screws drilled into any rented property!!

Check out the pictures and let me know what you think! 

There is a board on the other side that acts as a clamp.


And it's just high enough so that the screen door can open!

And now my clothes dry blissfully (and cheaply) in the warm sun. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment